First look inside Scarborough’s hip new hotel
- Credit: Archant
The Bike and Boot hotel has opened up to offer walkers, surfers and cyclists trendy boutique accommodation
Scarborough is saying hello to a funky new seafront hotel which has given a new lease of life to one of the town’s best-known buildings.
The Bike & Boot is a new kind of hotel which is aimed at lovers of the outdoors – hence boot and bike – and offers well-priced accommodation to suit active families who want to bring anything from their scooters to skateboards on a coastal jaunt.
The 65-bedroom hotel, formerly the 50-bedroom Marine Hotel caters for all levels of comfort – from a basic but comfy room to a fabulous suite overlooking the harbour and South Bay.
The vibe is as easy-breezy as the coastal location with complimentary and cakes during the day, a private cinema, also free to guests, e-bike charging points, boot and bike wash – and even a place to shower down the family mutt after splashes on the sand.
The place is meant to be a ‘home from home’ says its founders Simon Rhatigan and Simon Kershaw, who both heave respected backgrounds in the hospitality industry, Yorkshire and beyond.
The hotels opens for summer after an epic refurbishment effort by Scarborough-based Infiniti Roofing & Construction who worked during the pandemic putting in safety measures for the team to ensure the project could carry on.
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 3 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 4 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 5 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 6 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
- 7 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 10 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
The worked alongside multi-award winning interior designer Rachel McLane Ltd, to create contemporary and cool lounge and public spaces as well as installing new high end en-suite bathrooms, with new showers and toilets, plus new carpets and decoration in all 65 rooms. There’s also a refurbished bar, restaurant and kitchen areas.
The Cliff Bridge Terrace overlooks Scarborough waterfront, with the North York Moors National Park nearby, and is expected to be popular as a base for adventure, outdoor pursuit and family holidays, as well as local residents.