The Easter Boat Gathering and Sea Shanty Festival, Ellesmere Port
Visitors flocked to two lively boating events over the Easter weekend at the National Waterways Museum at Ellesmere Port.
Visitors flocked to two lively boating events over the Easter weekend at the National Waterways Museum at Ellesmere Port. The Easter Boat Gathering and Sea Shanty Festival gave a taste of life on the ocean wave to sightseers.
The events are the first of several visitor attractions planned at the waterside Museum this year. On May 12-13th a living history weekend on the theme of ‘Warriors and Washerwomen’ will be held. A Jubilee Street Party is being organised for June 2nd.
Photography by Kirsty Thompson
The print version of this article appeared in the May 2012 issue of Cheshire Life
We can deliver a copy direct to your door – order online here
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go