The fourth annual Great Northern Cook Off awards, Manchester Midland Hotel
The fourth annual Great Northern Cook Off awards, organised by Cheshire based Inspiring Connections, were announced at a five course gourmet at Manchester's Midland Hotel
In front of an audience of chefs, food producers, hoteliers, teams and those who just enjoy a great party, the fourth annual Great Northern Cook Off awards, organised by Cheshire based Inspiring Connections, were announced at a five course gourmet dinner at Manchester’s Midland Hotel.
The event was co-hosted by Sky Sports presenter Angela Powers and two Michelin starred chef, Michael Caines MBE.
Teams had been battling it out over three rounds in the kitchens of the Altrincham-based Cheshire cookery school, with their efforts judged by Michael Caines, Brian Mellor, Jason Palin and Peter Papprill.
From the Beans on Toast award, won by the Old Toms team from Robinsons Brewery, to the Great Northern Cooks award – sponsored by Cheshire Life – won by the Colander Girls from PSL Print Management, the accent was on celebrating in style. The biggest cheer of the night was for the chef mentor award winner, Pete Taylor from Room restaurant, Manchester.
The event supported hospitality action, a charity for employees in the hospitality industry.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography