The Phantom of the Opera
Cirencester Parish Church will be the setting for Hollywood royalty on March 24 when the Phantom of the Opera comes town... as you've never seen him before. So dust off your diamonds, opera cloaks and tails and be prepared to jump out of your skins
The Phantom of the Opera is here…
Cirencester Parish Church will be the setting for Hollywood royalty on Saturday, March 24 when the Phantom of the Opera comes town... as you’ve never seen him before. So dust off your diamonds, opera cloaks and tails and be prepared to jump out of your skins.
Anthony Hammond, Concert Organist and Director of Music at the Parish Church, will be performing an improvised soundtrack to the iconic 1929 silent movie version of the story. Witness a cast of thousands... Lon Chaney’s legendary makeup and unmasking as The Phantom... When combined with the musical versatility displayed by Hammond you'll find yourself swept away into a world of glamour with the sparkling lights of Paris set amongst the romance of 1920s Hollywood... And hauled through emotions from elation to terror. Perfect for everyone from organ buffs and movie fans through to families and the just plain curious.
Recently described as ‘one of the most exciting and absorbing performances I've ever been to’ Hammond's improvisations are not to be missed!
So... Add it to your diary. Saturday, March 24 2012 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �10 and are available on the door or from The Corner Stone (tel: 01285 644599), in advance.
Picture: Anthony Hammond preparing for a recent concert at Washington National Cathedral, USA.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 5 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 6 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire