The Rally Show at Chatsworth 2010, Derbyshire
Pictures from the Chatsworth Rally Show 2010 held at Chatsworth Park, Derbyshire
Thousands of motorsport fans descended on Chatsworth Park in June for the fourth Chatsworth Rally Show. The event, now firmly established on the rally calendar, attracted some top names to keep the fans entertained. Top of the list were World Rally stars Henning Solberg and Jari-Matti Latvala sharing the works BP Ford Focus WRC in spectacular style. The Ford World Rally Team under M-Sport boss Malcolm Wilson continues to be a great supporter of the show.
1968 RAC Rally winner Simo Lampinen was back at the wheel of the Saab 96 owned by Richard Simpson of Sheffield for some runs over the stage. The show provides fans with a great opportunity to chat to the stars and have a close look at the cars. There were also plenty of trade stands to browse around, a live music stage and a trials course.
The competition stages covered five events with stages on both days. The All-Comers Event went to Charlie Gabb in his Mitsubishi Evo 6, while Steve Smith took the Historic Rally in his Porsche 911. New for 2010 was the ‘Baja Chatsworth’ event, for cross country vehicles and RX 150 buggies, which proved hugely popular and spectacular. Ollie O’Donovan gave some exhilarating buggy passenger rides, while Steve Harris won the class. Overall success in the event went to Steve and Ollie Lloyd in their Milner R5. Chief sponsor Steve Perez won both the GT Rally in his Lancia Stratos and the FIA Classes event in his ex-Marcus Gronholm Ford Focus WRC.
The top ten fastest cars of the weekend went into a knock-out runoff against the clock with Milner and Perez contesting the final, Perez posting the quickest timed run of the weekend to retain the CG Neill Trophy.
Jimmy McCrae presented the inaugural Colin McCrae Trophy to Mick Strafford for the most entertaining performances of the weekend in his Vauxhall Firenza. McCrae himself was behind the wheel of the Group A Ford Sierra Cosworth in which he took the 1988 British Rally Championship title.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch