These photographs capture the true beauty of rural Surrey
- Credit: Archant
From the acres of rolling hills, to rows upon rows of Mayfield lavender, we pick 22 pictures that sum up the true beauty of rural Surrey.
It is well documented that the Surrey Hills are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
we’re lucky to have them on our doorstep.
If you take a country drive,
or walk through the county,
you’ll find acres of rolling countryside that surround some of Surrey’s prettiest villages.
A trip to Gatton Park will uncover spectacular views across the tree tops,
and an autumn stroll through Winkworth Arboretum will unveil a colourful splendour of gold and bronze hues.
From Hampton Court,
and Farnham Castle,
to Newark Priory ruins, you’ll find rural Surrey is steeped in beautiful history.
And not forgetting the RHS Garden Wisley!
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
So, the next time you explore the Surrey countryside,
look out for the mysterious trails that get you thinking…
‘I wonder where this leads?’
If you enjoyed this article, you might like... Surrey’s prettiest villages