We’re pleased to greet you!
- Credit: Archant
War and Peace Revival and Folkestone Airshow: visitors get a helping hand
The organisers of The War and Peace Revival and Folkestone Airshow have teamed up with Kent Greeters to welcome visitors to their events this year.
The Greeters, volunteers of all ages, are members of a scheme managed by Visit Kent to help visitors to the county make the most of their time here.
Folkestone Airshow project manager Yvonne Holder said at least 100,000 people were expected to watch events in the sky and to visit displays, exhibitions, refreshment stalls and family activities on The Leas and in the harbour area during the weekend of June 7-8.
“We want everyone to have a good time – and that includes a smile and friendly greeting when they need information or assistance,” she said.
“That’s why we have enlisted 20 Kent Greeters to work alongside our other volunteers such as RAF Air Cadets, Kent Marine Cadet Force, Sea Cadets, Kent Army Cadet Force and Kent Scouts.
“Their distinctive uniform [dual-branded lilac polo shirts and navy-blue trousers] will make them instantly recognisable.
- 1 Where to watch the Perseids meteor shower in East Anglia
- 2 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 3 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 4 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 5 5 of the best places to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 6 4 of the best places for open water swimming in Hampshire
- 7 Cheshire walk - Anderton Boat Lift and Nature Park
- 8 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 9 Hoards of spider crabs on Cornish beaches are not a danger to the public
- 10 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
“Among their duties will be welcoming people arriving at the town’s railway stations, bus station and car and coach parks, directing them to viewing points and ground display locations and generally helping them enjoy their visit to Folkestone.”
Rex Cadman, organiser of The War and Peace Revival, said: “Following the move to our new, bigger, venue at Folkestone Racecourse last year, we decided we needed more people to meet and greet and help visitors find their way around the show.
“It’s a huge venue with so much to see that we want visitors to be able to enjoy as much of The War and Peace Revival as possible during their visit.
“The Kent Greeters will be a fantastic addition to our team as they are each trained in customer service, ensuring visitors receive the welcome and service we all expect as a visitor to The War and Peace Revival.”
? For more on The War and Peace Revival 2014, visit www. thewarandpeacerevival.co.uk.