Weddings at the Alexandra Hotel in Lyme Regis
- Credit: Archant
The cliff-top location of the Alexandra Hotel, Lyme Regis offers sensational views of the Jurassic Coast as well as some unusually romantic options for your wedding day
Few locations can be more romantic than Lyme Regis. Its famous harbour wall, known as the Cobb, provided the backdrop for Jane Austen’s Persuasion and local author John Fowles’ The French Lieutenant’s Woman. And, while Lyme Regis has long been known for its literary connections and breathtaking scenery, this so-called Pearl of Dorset is also the perfect choice for a romantic coastal wedding.
Perched on a cliff-top overlooking the picturesque harbour, the Alexandra Hotel is a stylish boutique bolthole which offers a dreamy venue for a chic wedding by the sea. Situated in a Grade II listed 18th-century house surrounded by pretty private gardens, a pathway winds down to the pristine sandy beach and Cobb below. The gardens and hotel also offer sensational views of the Jurassic Coast.
The hotel’s restaurant - which recently won Gold in the prestigious Taste of the West awards - is renowned for championing local West Country produce. Guests will experience a mouth-watering menu created by Executive Chef, Ian Grant, who excels at fresh seasonal seafood dishes such as Lyme Bay scallops and Beer crab croquettes.
Couples can choose from four ceremony venues – all with sweeping sea views – including the elegant Alexandra Restaurant, the light-filled Conservatory Restaurant, a cosy Sitting Room, and the wildly-romantic Lookout Tower;this fairy-tale folly, hidden in the gardens, is perfect for intimate ceremonies.
Weddings at the Alexandra
The Alexandra’s Events Co-ordinator, Fiona Guest reveals what makes this venue so special
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 4 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
• Make memories: The hotel has direct access to the beach through ornamental gardens to the beach, so there are plenty of fabulous photo opportunities to create lasting memories from cliff-top garden to the Cobb itself.
• Go large: Weddings of up to 90 guests can be accommodated in the elegant Alexandra Restaurant, with the glittering backdrop of Lyme Bay and the dramatic sweep of the magnificent Jurassic Coast.
• Go small: The Lookout Tower is a folly set in the gardens. After the wedding, indulge in an intimate candle-lit dinner for two in this most romantic of venues.
• Go unique: The hotel has its own private 18th -century chapel which is lit by candles. Though not registered for actual weddings you can have your blessing or reception in here by romantic candle-light.
• Go bespoke: From champagne and canapés on the lawn to a full sit-down wedding breakfast, choose what is right for your special day, be it large or small, with our bespoke wedding planning service.
For more details please visit hotelalexandra.co.uk or to discuss your wedding requirements call 01297 442010
• Wedding jewellery available in Dorset - From cufflinks and earrings to watches and necklaces, choose a special piece of jewellery for your new wife or husband to wear on your wedding day
• Vintage-inspired wedding dresses in Dorset - Minna Hepburn’s eco-luxe collection of vintage-inspired wedding dresses, not only look beautiful but are thoughtfully designed with love and lace in the heart of Dorset