What’s your favourite Heart of Devon activity?
- Credit: Archant
What’s the favourite activity enjoyed by people visiting the Heart of Devon? That’s the question being asked by the Exeter and the Heart of Devon Hotels & Restaurants Association.
People are being asked to vote for their favourite activity from a Top Ten that includes cream teas, treks on Dartmoor and kite surfing.
Devon Hotels wants to hear from locals and visitors alike to find how they prefer to spend a day out in Devon and which of the activities will be crowned Devon Hotels Number 1 Day Out.
James Sharp, chair of Devon Hotels said: “We want to highlight the wide variety of activities available for holidaymakers and residents in the area, which are part of Devon’s city, coastal and country heritage and offering. We are really excited to see who our winner will be, as the Association membership hasn’t been able to agree!”
The Top Ten to choose from are:
1. Kite surfing in Exmouth
2. Sailing along the Dart River while taking in the stunning surrounds.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 7 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 8 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 9 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 10 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
3. Taking a brisk walk on Dartmoor
4. Enjoying a traditional Devon Cream Tea
5. Exploring Kent’s Cavern, England’s oldest caves
6. Seeing penguins up close and personal at Living Coasts, Torquay
7. Finding a fossil along the Jurassic coastline
8. Taking a Red Coat Tour around the historic sites of Exeter including the Cathedral
9. Learning to climb at Exeter’s Quay Climbing Centre
10. Exploring the hidden beaches of Devon
To vote for one of the activities or suggest alternatives visit www.devonhotels.com/top10. The closing date to vote is August 23.