WIN! A dinner for four at the Venus Café at Blackpool Sands
- Credit: Archant
On 26 March 1995, The Venus Company at Blackpool Sands opened its doors for the very first time.
Overlooking the beautiful turquoise waters and stunning shingle beach, the café founded by Michael Smith, Louisa Newman and co-founder Lee Porter took the name of the original tea hut from which Louisa’s mother served tea and ice creams during the early 1960’s.
Celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, The Venus Company is proud to offer the best locally sourced ingredients, with many of its dishes coming from the nearby land or sea. Specialising in mouth-watering organic beef and fresh seafood from sustainable stocks, The Venus Café at Blackpool Sands has become renowned for fish specials including beer-battered fish and chips, fish pie handmade with pollock, haddock and salmon as well as seasonal fresh fish of the day.
The café also serves popular family favourites including breakfast, organic beef burgers made using grass-fed Devon beef, cakes and cream teas. Open daily The Venus Café has a Venus Takeaway and Venus Beach Shop with watersports hire available during the summer months.
From humble beginnings, The Venus Company has expanded to six sites, while remaining true to its philosophy of ‘Loving the Beach’ and supporting other like-minded local businesses.
With four sites in Devon offering tasty, local and often organic produce and positioned in magnificent locations at Bigbury on Sea, East Portlemouth and The Shops at Dartington in addition to Blackpool Sands, make sure you pay a visit soon and help them celebrate their 20th birthday.
Devon Life is delighted to have teamed up with The Venus Company to offer one lucky reader the chance to win a delicious dinner for four at The Venus Café, Blackpool Sands this summer.
To win go online to devonlife.co.uk and answer the question.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 6 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
The closing date is July 10. For terms and conditiions see contents page.