Winter in Hampshire - things to do, photography and walks to enjoy
- Credit: Archant
A collection of walks, places to visit, events and photography for you to enjoy throughout the winter months in Hampshire
This article will be updated regularly throughout the winter
PLACES TO VISIT AND THINGS TO DO
• New wine bar in Fleet - Cellar Magneval Wine Bar Café and Caveau - A touch of sophistication has arrived in Fleet this year with the opening of Cellar Magneval Wine Bar Café and Caveau.
• Rugby clubs in Hampshire - where to watch - In 2015, the Rugby World Cup heads to England and Wales. Here’s where you can take in some Hampshire rugby in the run-up to the big tournament.
• Things to do in Hamble - places to eat, where to stay and more - Five miles south east of Southampton lies the chocolate-box village of Hamble. Not just a top haunt for sailors, it’s also the perfect place to soak up shorefront views, cosy up in ancient pubs or ponder seaside-inspired artwork in cool galleries
• 26 new things to try in Hampshire this year - From rolling down a hill in a giant inflatable ball to gliding silently over the Hampshire countryside, use our A-Z guide of top local experiences to help you discover something new for 2015
• Events and things to do in Hampshire - February 2015 - We’ve scoured the county to bring you the top events taking place this month
• New pub in Odiham - The George - This Christmas, Odiham village are enjoying the gift of a new pub, The George by Bel & The Dragon group
• Things to do in Whitchurch - shopping, eating out and more - Indulge yourself over the holidays with a visit to this festive North Hampshire town and its historical silk mill
• Waterloo - The Best of Abba Tribute Show coming to Southsea - Introducing Waterloo - The Best of Abba Tribute show presented by Sweeney Entertainments and Produced and Directed by James Baker
• Best places for food on the go in Hampshire - we’ve compiled our favourite local places that offer great food for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home.
• Best places for international cuisine in Hampshire - Taste authentic fare from a huge range of nations without ever stepping foot on a plane.
• Outdoor art gallery at the Mill at Gordleton in Lymington - Leigh Clapp wanders through the grounds of the Mill at Gordleton and discovers an outdoor art gallery.
• Things to see and do in Wickham - Nestling in rolling downland, historic Wickham is one of the Meon Valley’s shining jewels.
• Out and about in Lymington and Keyhaven Marshes - Lymington and Keyhaven Marshes make a great day out for an invigorating walk, a leisurely stroll or a spot of birdwatching says Peter Hutchings from the Wildlife Trust.
• Hayling Island and what it has to offer - Now that the Kiss-me-quick holidaymakers have left, Hayling Island’s stunning land and seascapes really come into their own.
• Things to see and do in Lyndhurst - The New Forest’s capital remains rooted in the traditions that make this part of Hampshire so special.
• Things to see and do in Bishop’s Waltham - Medieval charm meets modern living in this vibrant, relaxed and cheerful town.
• Best things about living in Andover - Emma Caulton explores a hidden corner of Hampshire... the pretty villages in the valleys surrounding Andover.
• Things to do in Hampshire this weekend - Great things to do in Hampshire this weekend: art exhibitions, walks, concerts, theatre, places to visit and other events and ideas.
• Fleet Pond walk - Hampshire walks - Steve Davison heads to Fleet Pond in the north eastern corner of Hampshire for a breath of fresh air after the festive period
• New Forest walk - winter stroll around Lyndhurst - Burn off your Christmas feasts and take in the beauty of the New Forest on a walk around Lyndhurst
• Hampshire walk around Hurstbourne Tarrant - Steve Davison heads for the rolling countryside of the North Wessex Downs for an easy walk at Hurstbourne Tarrant
• Wildlife walks to enjoy in The New Forest - This month the Wildlife Trust invite you to slow down and take a leaf out of Hampshire writer, Emily Laurence Baker’s book to appreciate the natural beauty that surrounds us.
• Winter walks (from 2014) - Steve Davison suggests ten short walks across Hampshire to get you out in the bracing fresh air over New Year. For maps of each route, see the gallery on the top right of this article.
- 1 Why you should move to Bridlington
- 2 WIN a weekend escape at St. Mellion Estate, Cornwall
- 3 Win a relaxing four-day retreat in Devon, plus other goodies
- 4 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Suffolk
- 5 Win a Dunlopillo king size diamond mattress worth £2,500 from Peter Betteridge
- 6 Naturism in the Cotswolds
- 7 22 of the best South Devon pubs with views of the coast
- 8 14 things to see and do in Derbyshire in July
- 9 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 10 Win a year of farm shop food from Hinchliffe's worth £500
• How you can help save wildlife in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight - With the decline of wildlife species across the UK happening at an alarming rate, Kizzie Henderson from the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust tells how we can all act now to save our natural world
• How turning off a tap can help save the lakes and rivers of Hampshire - As you turn on the tap each day to fill the kettle or settle in for a long soak in the bath, how often do you question where our water comes from? The Wildlife Trust’s Kizzie Henderson tells how, by turning off the tap, you can save Hampshire’s lakes and rivers
• Helping farmland birds in Hampshire this winter - Commercial farmers across Hampshire have been helping farmland wildlife this winter.
• 4 ways to help Hampshire bees get through the winter - With bees being responsible for one third of all the food that ends up on our plates, we need to do what we can to protect them.
• Stay flu free this winter - See your family through the winter flu free with our complete guide to staying healthy
• The team at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens share their winter gardening tips - In the garden with the team at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens.
• Getting colour back into your patio this winter - Bring some winter cheer to your patio with these bright combinations.
WINTER PHOTOGRAPHY - SHARE YOURS HERE
On the social... Hampshire Life followers share their favourite things about winter
• @laurenahouse on Twitter says “#Hampshire some of the most beautiful places to visit and photograph are around Hamble/Netley/Bursledon.”
• Lindsay on Facebook: “Feeding the ducks on our village pond and walking round the ancient village of Sherborne St John and visiting The Vyne NT”