Work begins to transform Cornwall Farmers in Tavistock
- Credit: Archant
Work has started in Tavistock to create a third Patch & Acre country store, with the improvements due to be unveiled at the end of May.
The launch marks the next phase of Cornwall Farmers’ £2.3 million growth plan which will see a number of stores throughout Cornwall and Devon refurbished by March 2015.
Patch & Acre is the new country store from Cornwall Farmers, a co-operative that has been part of the farming community for almost 100 years.
Simon Birch, chief executive of Cornwall Farmers, said: “Patch & Acre has been well received in Cornwall, and we are looking forward to opening our first Patch & Acre Country Store in Devon.
“Our Patch & Acre Country Store in Tavistock is about bringing authentic products and expert services to a broader audience while still providing great products and service to our farmer customers. We want to invest in Tavistock’s economy and the future of farming.”
The new-look branch will maintain a strong agricultural focus, with a dedicated in-store farm services desk. It will also feature an extensive range of equine products, everything for the garden, country clothing and footwear, pet food and farmhouse essentials.
The refit is intended to reflect the company’s commitment to provide everything that anyone with a passion for the countryside may need – whether they own a patch of garden or acres of farmland.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 3 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 4 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 4 of the best Norfolk gardens to see rhododendrons
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
The store, located at West Devon Business Park, will feature six zones; ‘The Farm’, ‘The Stable’, ‘Country Life’, ‘Farmhouse’, ‘Pet Life’ and ‘The Garden’.
It is business as usual for Cornwall Farmers as the refurbishment gets underway with new products being added to the shelves already.
Cornwall Farmers employs around 200 staff and has other stores in Helston, Truro, Wadebridge, Liskeard, Otterham, Penzance, Launceston, Hatherleigh, Bideford, Kingsbridge and Dartington.