4 of the best hospitable properties for sale in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
Grand entrances, huge hallways and fireplaces made for a festive gathering. Meet our homes with a sociable side
Where: Swan House, Harrogate
Wow factor: A welcoming, handsome Grade II Georgian property with an imposing entrance in fashionable Low Harrogate
Extras: Be warmed in a convivial drawing room with a grand fireplace and plenty of space for a mighty Christmas tree.
Contact: Carter Jonas, Harrogate & Leeds 01423 523423 firstname.lastname@example.org carterjonas.co.uk
Where: Springwood, Whitechapel Road, Cleckheaton
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 6 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
Wow factor: Built in 1726, this home is packed with character, with an impressive Father-Christmas-friendly fireplace.
Extras: A leisure suite perfectly placed for that post-Christmas exercise and wellness campaign.
Contact: Fine & Country, Leeds, 0113 203 4939 2 Shadwell Lane, Leeds, LS17 6DR email@example.com fineandcountry.com/uk/leeds
Where: Thornton Hall, Thornton, West Yorkshire
Wow factor: Connections with the Bronte sisters; a literary talking point if ever you needed one in this historic Grade II listed manor house.
Extras: A fireplace worthy of warming gatherings. It might be the perfect spot to sip a sherry with Christmas guests.
Contact: Charnock Bates Estate Agents, 01422 380100. firstname.lastname@example.org charnockbates.co.uk
Where: St Leonards Place, York
Wow factor: A property worthy of Mary Poppins. Stunning apartment in one of the city's most iconic buildings.
Extras: It's all about sociable space and an impressive welcome. A bespoke designed lightwell staircase with glazed ceiling leads to three double bedrooms for your festive guests.
Contact: Tanya Coffey, Savills York, 01904 617820 email@example.com, savills.co.uk