Dream properties - Croft Cottage, Alderley Edge
- Credit: Archant
This lovely Cheshire-brick property has spectacular views towards The Edge.
Believed to date back to the early 1700s in part, this delightful country four-bedroom, two-bathroom cottage in the sought-after rural surroundings of Alderley Edge is full of charm and character, with beamed ceilings and exposed A-frame trusses, décor in pretty farmhouse style and fabulous views across farmland to The Edge.
The original property has been extended over the years and is now ideal for modern-day living. There’s a comfortable drawing room and separate sitting room (both with French doors to the gardens), dining hall and breakfast kitchen with AGA and views across the 0.61 acre gardens, featuring mature hedges, well-stocked borders and a large lawned area. There’s also a utility room and WC.
Upstairs, the master bedroom has an en suite shower room and there are three additional double bedrooms with a family bathroom, plus a study.
The grounds house a large, detached double garage and work room/garden store above, which has been converted into an independent one-bedroom apartment with shower room, sitting room and kitchen.
Price: £1.8 million,
- 1 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 2 Which flooded village lies beneath Ladybower Reservoir?
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 5 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 6 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 Celebrate the famous women born in Norfolk and Suffolk this International Women’s Day
- 9 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Yorkshire
- 10 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie