Derbyshire Properties - Montgomery House, Somersal Herbert
- Credit: Archant
This picturesque Grade II listed manor house and converted barn, set in over 15 acres of mature gardens, grassland and woodland, provides a wonderful small country estate that is ideal for those with equestrian interests.
The house is a unique mix of Tudor, Georgian, Victorian and later architectural styles and is in the process of refurbishment, whilst the adjoining Medieval Barn is currently used as the main residence and is reputed to date back to the 13th century. Both properties contain fascinating features such as exposed wall and ceiling timbers, decorative oak panelling and elegant plasterwork. In the house there are six bedrooms and three bathrooms, with four bedrooms and bathrooms in the barn.
There are three gated driveways, stabling for six horses, a tennis court, pool house, garaging and a 19th century pig pen that holds planning consent for conversion into a home office.
John German Tel: 01335 340730 www.johngerman.co.uk
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 4 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 5 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 6 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 9 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way