Dream Properties - Ellel Hall, Near Lancaster
This Georgian house near Lancaster has been restored to provide a family home of real quality
Where: Ellel Hall, Near Lancaster
What: This is one of the most desirable country homes in the district and the splendour of its Georgian detailing has been revived to create a fine family home. The peaceful, rural location has great appeal yet it also gives easy access to amenities with Lancaster, Preston and M6 junction 33 nearby. It was constructed in the latter part of the Georgian period, around 1780, with a Regency addition to the east wing. The property has undergone refurbishment works to bring the house up to its current high specification.
Inside: Ellel Hall has an entrance hallway, sitting room, formal dining room, drawing 99room, study, informal dining room, housekeeper’s study, kitchen with cook’s pantry off, under-croft comprising boot room and access to the triple garage. There are a range of fully functioning cellar rooms to include utility room, two entertaining rooms, storage, safe room/wine cellar and two modern toilets.
To the first floor can be found three bedrooms and an impressive mastersuite with two dressing rooms and en-suite bathroom and two family bathrooms. To the second floor can be found three further bedrooms,two further family bathrooms and a large family television room.
Outside: The gardens surround the property to all sides and are laid to a mixture of formal lawned gardens with mature trees dating back to the original construction of the property and a further range of more modern planting designed to complement the symmetry and beauty of the residence. Extending to the south of the property can be found the grassland field which borders Lancaster Canal and provides historical wharfing rights should it be required.
This land provides the opportunity for utilisation for equestrian purposes.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 10 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
Guide Price: £1,550,000
Contact: Fine & CountryTel. 01524 380560www.fineandcountry.com