Dreamhomes - Stedham
- Credit: Archant
Sussex boasts many beautiful and desirable properties. Here we pick two for your delectation. If you can afford it, either or both could be yours. If not, read on regardless – it’s time to dream!
£7,750,000 - Rotherhill House, reputed to be one of the finest homes in West Sussex, is an attractive small country estate with the main house believed to date from around 1799, occupying an elevated position and overlooking the well-planned mature landscaped gardens.
The current owners have renovated the house and cottages and sympathetically extended the main house by adding a leisure wing, to include a stunning pool complex with steam room, sauna and gymnasium. Further improvements include a bespoke kitchen, principal suite and new heating and wiring systems throughout.
This lovely home is set in the village of Stedham, approximately two miles from the town of Midhurst, well-known for popular equestrian events at Cowdray Park which include the annual Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup Polo event. The town offers an excellent range of day-to-day shopping needs with an attractive market town high street. Further comprehensive shopping needs are catered for in both Guildford and Petersfield.
The house is well placed for ease of access to the A3 which provides a fast link to the M25 and M3 for Central London (approximately 62 miles) as well as other motorway links.
Heathrow and Gatwick airports are each approximately a one hour drive away.
Direct rail links from nearby Haslemere and Petersfield give access to London Waterloo in approximately 56 and 65 minutes respectively.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
The area is well catered for by excellent schools that include Charterhouse, Twyford, Cranleigh and Westbourne House.
The area is renowned for its excellent walking and riding with access to the South Downs National Park.
Gascoigne Pees, Midhurst, 01730 406539