Property of the month: Springfield Hall, Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
Springfield Hall in Chelmsford is an imposing Grade II listed property set on a roomy plot in excess of one acre
Springfield Hall, an imposing Grade II listed property with Georgian façade set on a plot in excess of one acre, dates back to circa 16th century.
The property boasts features such as vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and feature fireplaces, as well as modern accommodation including a swimming pool and cellar.
The accommodation is arranged over three floors, comprising a lounge/reception, study, dining room and kitchen.
An accessory utility room off the kitchen leads into an extended part of the house with a large reception room with inglenook fireplace, log burner and vaulted ceiling, and a smaller reception room with a patio door onto a terrace overlooking the garden.
A mezzanine floor, currently used as a guest bedroom, could be utilised as an annex. An extensive cellar is accessed from the dining room and rear of the building.
To the first floor are four double bedrooms, one with a dressing room area, and family bathroom and cloakroom.
- 1 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 2 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 3 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 4 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 5 Exploring the ancient art of yarn dyeing in Derbyshire
- 6 How a Suffolk man landed a film fan’s dream job on The Dig
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 9 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Lancashire
- 10 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
The second floor has a large open-plan bedroom with en suite, with many exposed beams potentially allowing for the separation of the space to gain a further bedroom.
The grounds are well maintained and bordered by specimen trees, evergreens and mainly laid to lawn with a patio overlooking the garden and courtyard to the west side with raised herb garden, heated swimming pool covered by a retractable glazed enclosure, a summer house and several storage sheds.
The driveway provides parking for several vehicles.
Guide Price: OIEO £1,400,000
For further information, contact Beresfords County & Village on 01245 397475 or see beresfords.co.uk