Exceptional and close to the country
- Credit: Archant
Our Property of the Month is an outstanding family home in a delightful semi rural setting
Originally a church farm believed to date back to the 16th century and having a more modern 18th century extension, The Old Farmhouse, Ashreigney, has been modernised and refurbished in recent years to an exceptionally high standard.
However, it retains many of its original features and for nearly 20 years has been a family home enjoying a good degree of privacy and yet within a stone’s throw of the village. The extensive gardens, paddock and woodland enjoy an impressive backdrop surrounded by panoramic views over the surrounding countryside with access to bridleways and open countryside.
An “outstanding family home” is a good description for this beautifully presented five-bedroomed period farmhouse set in its own grounds, which total in excess of seven acres.
The property is approached via a private lane and bridleway which leads to a long, private, sweeping driveway. There is ample parking and garaging for four cars, and a productive kitchen garden which provides vegetables and soft fruit.
The parkland-style gardens have a lake and a thatched pumphouse and from the property and grounds there are commanding rural vistas over the surrounding countryside. There is a useful area of woodland and level pasture paddock which enjoys direct access to a bridleway and open riding out without the necessity for any travel on the road.
Ashreigney is situated close to the borders between North and Mid Devon, and subsequently enjoys easy access to the north coastal towns such as Bideford and Barnstaple, North Tawton, Crediton and Okehampton.
- 1 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 6 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try
Exeter is also within easy driving distance by car and the nearby villages of Winkleigh and Dolton, as well as the pretty town of Chulmleigh all offer an excellent range of traditional amenities.