Explore this elegant landmark Southwold property
- Credit: Archant
Perfectly situated in one of Suffolk’s most enviable positions, Stone House is a substantial residence on Gun Hill in Southwold.
This outstanding Grade II listed Regency marine villa stands in an elevated position offering unrivalled views of the sea, coastline and valley.
With a total of 11 bedrooms, four reception rooms, five bathrooms and almost 6,000 square feet of internal living space, Stone House exudes a cool elegance. It was built in the early 19th century and remodelled and extended in the early 20th Century.
An impressive reception hall offers a great welcome, leading to a shallow rising staircase. The well-proportioned reception rooms all enjoy sea and coastline views away to the south and east. A kitchen breakfast room is to the rear as well as further living and ancillary rooms. A first floor galleried landing leads to eight bedrooms, two of which feature French doors opening onto an east-facing balcony. All the bedrooms have excellent views of either the sea or surrounding countryside of dunes and marshes away towards Southwold harbour and the Blyth estuary.
A three-bedroom cottage is also attached to the property at the rear within the grounds of Stone House, which extend to around three-quarters of an acre. Fine terraced gardens face south and west with a raised west facing paved terrace and a former grass tennis court. The property is approached via a private driveway.
Richard Brown from agents Flick & Son said: “Southwold has many prominent properties but this one arguably is the finest house in the premier location in the town. Stone House is unlikely to have been sold many times in the past two centuries so this really is a golden opportunity.”
Offers in excess of £2,750,000
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 3 Where to go wild swimming in the Cotswolds
- 4 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
- 5 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 6 Meet the new Devon stars of Channel 4 series
- 7 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 8 Nigel Haworth to return to The Three Fishes in Mitton
- 9 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 10 10 places to visit in South Derbyshire
Agent: Flick & Son 01502 722253