Four bedroom contemporary home on the Sandbanks Peninsula
- Credit: Archant
This four bedroom contemporary home is located on one of the highest points on the Sandbanks Peninsula and offers spectacular harbour views from its expansive terrace
Situated on one of the highest points on the Sandbanks Peninsula, Kanaha is one of a pair of brand new luxury homes, which have been designed by the award-winning David James Architects. The four bedroom detached house, which is set in a landscaped garden designed by the award-winning Janine Pattison Studios, offers magnificent views of Poole Harbour and beyond. The accommodation is spread over three floors, accessed by the architect-designed bespoke staircase with walnut treads, and takes maximum advantage of the stunning harbour views with floor to ceiling sliding doors.
The kitchen on the ground floor is designed by Kitchen Elegance, Poole and features Leicht Kitchen Units with soft-close drawers, quartz worktops and a limestone floor. Integrated Gaggenau appliances include oven, warming drawer, microwave-combination oven, induction hob, refrigerator and dishwasher. The kitchen/dining area leads down some steps to the living area with log burner and doors to the garden. Off this is the cinema room.
On the first floor are four double bedrooms, designed by Living Elegance, Poole, including the en-suite master bedroom with walk-in wardrobe and a second en-suite bedroom. The limestone tiled bathrooms are designed by Bathroom Elegance, Poole and feature sanitary ware and vanity units by Catalano, free-standing Royce Morgan baths and frameless walk-in showers by Majestic.
One of the main features of the property is the large top floor reception room, with bar area, which has an extremely generous sized roof terrace. Frameless glass balustrades allow uninterrupted views, making this a perfect area for entertaining or relaxing whilst taking in the spectacular scenery of one of the world’s most beautiful harbours.
• Kanaha, 42 Banks Road, Sandbanks, Poole
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 3 10 Cheshire walks close to AA recommended pubs
- 4 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 5 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a watercolour painting of The Matchings by artist James Merriott
- 8 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 9 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
• Internal space including garage: 3,070 sq ft
• Terrace: 210 sq ft
• Guide Price: £1,995,000
• Agent: Tailor Made 01202 706006 tmea.biz & Savills 01202 708888 savills.co.uk
• Ground Floor: kitchen/dining area; living area with log burner, cinema room; utility; wc; double garage with door access to house
• First Floor: en-suite master bedroom with walk-in dressing room; en-suite double bedroom; two further double bedrooms; family bathroom
• Second Floor: Large lounge area with expansive terrace and bar
• Magnificent views of Poole Harbour and beyond
• Superb accommodation over three floors
• Two excellent sized terraces
• Double garaging and parking
• Illuminated landscaped garden
As you would expect this newly built luxury home features the very latest in home technology
• Nuaire Heat Recovery System This delivers filtered fresh air into the home whilst extracting stale stagnant air from the interior. In winter, heat from the outgoing air is transferred to the incoming air flow
• Zoned under floor gas heating system with individual thermostats in each room
• Control 4 Home Control System This manages the internal and external lighting, heating, zoned sound system, televisions, blinds and curtains, gate entry, alarm and security cameras. Operated from wall-mounted keypads on every floor, from the iPad Mini included, or from a remote computer or smart phone
• Clipsal Lighting System (integrated with the Control System) has programmed keypads for mood selection lighting in each individual room
• Electronically operated entrance gates; door entry panel with two-way intercom and camera; intruder alarm system with the option to link to a 24-hour monitoring service and CCTV cameras
• Why move to West Bay - area information and property prices - With a notable increase in people searching online for property in this now famous film location, what does the ‘Broadchurch effect’ mean for house prices in West Dorset?