Meet the agent - Michael Comyn
- Credit: Archant
Meeting Michael Comyn of Comyn and James in Pulborough
What do you love most about your job?
It provides an opportunity to help people achieve their aim – whether it is buying or selling a property or just professional advice. There is immense satisfaction in striving to provide the service which people actually need. As long as the business also pays its way we are happy!
What’s your favourite view in Sussex?
The all-round view from the top of Bignor Hill, but especially towards the coast. One can imagine so much history there from the Stone Age, Spanish Armada, Battle of Britain and so on and yet geographically little has changed..timeless.
If I could afford to renovate just one room, which room would you recommend that I update?
The kitchen. Modern domestic lifestyles so often revolve around the kitchen – the beating heart of the home. With so many different design options, materials and layouts, the opportunities nowadays to create a room tailored to the owners’ tastes are endless.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 7 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
The house I wish I’d bought
A splendid 1930s house on the edge of Pulborough called Brambles – very comfortable with all the main rooms open to the south and the Downs in the distance. With an atmospheric interior (shades of Miss Marple), it was enchanting and peaceful, taking one back to the days before electronic gizmos dominated everything. With wood panelling brass window handles and a loggia, it was set in the middle of a glorious garden with wisteria, herbaceous borders, a summer house and bees. Pulborough village provides everything including a mainline station, supermarkets, individual shops, historic churches and a splendid community who tend to live and work locally.
Comyn and James, Pulborough; 01798 888111; www.comynandjames.co.uk