Property of the month: Exceptional & uninterrupted views
- Credit: Archant
This property offers a unique opportunity to own a home situated on one of the most desirable stretches of coastline throughout the UK
They say a picture paints a thousand words and there is no better example than Bay House of Budleigh Salterton. Designed by renowned local architect Hatchard-Smith, this detached Georgian style villa offers exceptional and uninterrupted views over Budleigh Beach and the whole of Lyme Bay.
The double fronted, four bedroom, three reception room property benefits from large bay windows at the front and a host of period features throughout. Internally the elegant and spacious accommodation is cleverly designed to take advantage of the stunning views and its southerly orientation.
Worthy of particular mention is the farmhouse kitchen, elegant sitting room complete with direct access onto the sun terrace and the main bedroom which affords a panoramic aspect and charming en-suite facilities.
Outside, the beautiful cobbled driveway provides ample private parking, which is a novelty considering its proximity to the seafront.
Whilst the charming, sun trap garden is thoughtfully landscaped and stocked with a variety of mature trees and shrubs that create a range of colour and a high level of privacy.
Budleigh Salterton is a tranquil and unspoilt Regency town by the sea, which has managed to retain much of its classic beauty and original charm. Situated on the Jurassic Coastline of East Devon and designated as a World Heritage site, the beautiful two-mile beach, with very clean and safe bathing water, is framed by the picturesque sandstone cliffs.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
Nearby is the Otter Estuary, which has been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and has an abundance of wildlife to explore.