Why self-building is a lot easier than you think
You have always wanted to build your own home, but all of the television shows and how-to books make it seem like an impossible feat, or is it?
As the leading self-build home provider in the UK, Potton has been helping people design and build their dream homes for over 50 years. Using sustainably sourced timber frames, this Bedfordshire-based company provides high-quality craftsmanship, and an in-depth knowledge of the self-build process from start to finish. Potton helps people just like you who want a bespoke home to call their own which is designed to meet the needs of your family lifestyle.
Walking you through the self-build process
Getting started on your self-build project is easy with the expert guidance of the knowledgeable team at Potton. By providing an end-to-end service, Potton takes your project from conception to completion faster than traditional brick and block housing. Potton will:
• Give you advice and guidance on how to find a plot and design your dream home, either taking an existing Potton design as inspiration or starting from a blank page
• Advise on how to secure self-build finance
• Apply for planning permission
• Manufacture and construct a high performance timber frame building envelope on your site
- 1 WIN £200 worth of luxury silk bed products
- 2 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Win super stylish summer shades!
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 A fond farewell to Torbay from the captain of cruise ship Eurodam
- 8 Property of the month: Godfreys Farmhouse, Great Totham
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West
• Help you decide whether to project manage the build yourself or find a professional project manager to lead the project
Why work with Potton
Since 1964, Potton has been providing high-quality standards and customer care to people who choose to self-build, making them the brand to trust. When you partner with such a dedicated team, you can count on their knowledge and expertise to help you overcome barriers and gain the confidence you need to move ahead with your self-build project.
Since Potton specialises in timber frame building, you can also expect faster results than traditional brick and block homes. In fact, while the average builder can take over 1 year to complete a building project, a timber frame home can go up in a matter of weeks with a completed self build project done in as little as 6 months once you have a plot and planning permission in place.
Self Build Academy
To make things even easier, Potton provides a wealth of seminars, courses and informational materials through their Self Build Academy® to see you through every step of the self-build process. The Potton experts are truly dedicated to helping you achieve the best possible results, offering everything from useful tips on finding a plot through to making your home energy-efficient. With a reputation second-to-none for exceptional design and outstanding technical know-how, Potton’s self-build services can offer everything you need.