Hospital launches DIY fitness fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk Hospital has launched a new fitness fundraiser which enables participants to choose exactly which part of the hospital they would like to support.
Walk for Wards gives people the chance to decide whether to walk or run a single 10k event, complete 5k for five days or 10k for 10 days, all in aid of West Suffolk Hospital Charity.
Participants can choose their own route, giving them the flexibility to plan their fundraising around their work or home life, and are also able to use their local gym for added convenience.
The fitness challenge has been launched following the success of a similar event – 10k for 10 days – last autumn.
Dave Gooderham, fundraising manager, said: “We received some fantastic support for our 10k for 10 days event last year, and raised more than £4,000 for West Suffolk Hospital Charity.
“This time, we wanted to give our fundraisers even more flexibility about how, when and where they complete their challenge, and whether they work with friends or cover the distance alone.
“And, unlike last year’s event, we want our fundraisers to tell us which area of the hospital they would like to support. We guarantee that every single penny goes to the ward, piece of equipment or fundraising campaign of their choosing.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
Participants are encouraged to take part between Thursday, October 9 and Saturday, October 18, although, in keeping with the ethos of the event, these dates are not set in stone.
There is no entry fee to take part, although people are being encouraged to raise a minimum of £35 in sponsorship.
For further information or an information pack, contact the hospital’s fundraising team on 01284 712952 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.