Ice cream suggestions for Christmas from Bluebells Dairy
- Credit: Archant
Delicious Christmas dessert ideas created using homemade ice cream from Bluebells Dairy, Spondon
Christmas is just around the corner and Bluebells Dairy at Spondon has once again introduced its delicious ice cream flavours which make a simply delicious and speedy dessert.
The Christmas Pudding ice cream is made with ‘proper’ Christmas pudding, real fruits and an extra glug of brandy – simply serve a scoop, in a dish alongside a steaming Christmas pudding for the very best taste of Christmas.
The boozy, rich, velvety texture of the Irish Cream ice cream works well alongside a warm mince pie, whilst the gingerbread ice cream has a lovely, gooey chocolate gingerbread ripple marbled throughout. Try serving with a warm winter fruit salad or a sticky winter parkin.
Entertain children - both young and old - with Bluebells’ Reindeer Poop ice cream! Sales of this flavour soared into the Christmas skies when it was launched last year. A fun and tasty mix of the famous Devilishly Chocolate ice cream, marshmallows and chocolate raisins, it is a feast for the tastebuds.
Customers visiting the Dairy this festive season can also whet their appetite in the Ice Cream Tea Rooms, with its stunning selection of Christmas Sundaes made using mixed berry fruit coulis, crumbled warm Christmas pudding and toped with a choice of three scoops of Bluebells’ Christmas flavours. We recommend using Christmas Pudding flavour ice cream, Irish Cream ice cream and Wild Fruit sorbet. Create your own at home and top with more crumbled Christmas pudding, mixed toasted nuts and a sprig of holly for extra festive flair.
Bluebells Ice Creams are available in 125ml (selected flavours) and 500ml tubs, as well as 2.45L and 4.5L catering tubs.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 3 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 4 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 5 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 6 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 7 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 8 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 9 Steph McGovern on her new lunchtime show, Steph’s Packed Lunch
- 10 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
A favourite from last year was Bluebells selection boxes – with boxes of 6 or 12 tubs of mixed flavours.
Simply build a tub pyramid in the middle of the Christmas table and let your guests make their own choice!