JAMIE OLIVER IN CORNWALL TO CELEBRATE FIFTEEN SUCCESS
TV chef Jamie Oliver celebrates Fifteen Cornwall's success with some of its apprentices
Jamie Oliver was in Cornwall's Watergate Bay to celebrate the ten-year anniversary of the social enterprise and restaurant Fifteen Cornwall with 58 past graduate apprentices at Watergate Bay in north Cornwall. Since opening, Fifteen Cornwall has served nearly 750,000 diners, dedicating 100% of profits back into the Cornish economy, amounting to an investment of £20 million.
Jamie Oliver said, “It’s hard to believe that it’s already been 10 years since I came down to Watergate Bay and started the Fifteen Cornwall restaurant and Apprentice Programme. It’s been one hell of a ride, but it absolutely remains one of the things I’m most proud of. You’ve produced chefs and chefs and more chefs, and you’re still knocking out incredible food day in, day out, year after year. Thank you to everyone in the Fifteen Cornwall team as well as all our wonderful friends and supporters who’ve helped us along the way."
Matthew Thomson, chief executive at Fifteen Cornwall, comments: ”Our congratulations go to all 11 graduates. Their hard work and commitment has enabled us to give them the opportunity to transform their lives and launch lifetime careers in food. We wish them all the very best for successful futures.
“2016 is a very special year for Fifteen Cornwall – marking ten years since we started out on this incredible journey. I would like to thank everyone who has been part of our story to date – staff, suppliers, apprentices and diners. Here’s to the next ten years!”
All the profits from Fifteen Cornwall go to the registered charity the Cornwall Food Foundation. This helps to fund the training of young people in Cornwall, who are in need of a second chance, to become chefs of the future. Registered charity no. 1119341’
- 1 12 historic village churches in Cheshire
- 2 7 autumn walks in Kent to delight the senses
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Meet Maggie, GBBO's 70-year-old contestant from Dorset
- 7 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 8 5 great walks in and around Kendal
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Essex