Jose Mourinho’s boots could be yours . . .
- Credit: Archant
Chelsea Manager Jose Mourinho has donated his signed and worn boots to Sir Bobby’s Breakthrough Online Charity Auction.
One lucky football fan will soon walk away with this piece of sporting memorabilia – complete with a photograph of authenticity showing him signing the boots – as Mourinho became the latest sporting great to donate to the auction.
Having donated one of 2011’s most celebrated auction items, his FIFA Ballon D’Or 2010 World Coach of the Year Award Trophy, which raised £26,000, Mourinho has once again offered his support in memory of Sir Bobby.
Mourinho said: “Bobby Robson is one of those people who will always be remembered. Not just for what he did in his fantastic career or for one victory more or less, but for what he gave to those who had, like me, the good fortune to know him and walk by his side. I am so happy to again support Sir Bobby’s Breakthrough Auction and I encourage everyone around the world to do the same. Together we will help make the biggest difference in the fight against cancer.”
Sir Bobby and Mourinho worked together at Barcelona FC, where Mourinho became a prominent and influential member of the team. The partnership was hugely successful with Barcelona winning the European Cup Winners’ Cup.
Gina Long, founder of Sir Bobby’s Breakthrough Online Charity Auction, said: “To have Jose’s support is very special. He has again donated something so personal to him. Jose always takes his time to think about what he wants to donate and this is a reflection of his admiration and love for Sir Bobby. It never ceases to amaze me how outstandingly generous individual people, football and sporting clubs and companies from all sorts of sectors can be. With less than three weeks to go until the auction goes live, I encourage people to head to register to bid – we literally have something for everyone.’
Running from October 10 – 27, Sir Bobby’s Breakthrough will raise crucial funds for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, Breakthrough Breast Cancer and cancer services within two Suffolk Hospitals. This year the campaign – backed by headline supporter BT Sport – has a £1million target. Visit http://www.sirbobbysbreakthrough.com/wordpress/the-auction/ to register as to not miss out!
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography