What are the autumn / winter trends to look out for this year?
- Credit: Archant
If the mere mention of new season fashion leaves you downhearted that you’ll be ‘all dressed up with nowhere to go’ then prepare to be welcomed into the world of autumnal colours and effortless styles – whether you’re stepping up your working from home wardrobe, or revamping your look.
This year is like no other, and M&S has embraced everyday style trends to lift us up and out of the doldrums while wrapping us in soft and cosy fabrics.
But what are the latest trends to look out for? Here to help us is Amy Travis, Womenswear Section Manager, from Marks & Spencer’s flagship new store in Eclipse Park, Maidstone.
Q: What are the fashion trends for autumn / winter?
This season is all about quality ‘hero’ items which can be dressed up or down as needed, and offer a lot of flexibility, giving a lift to an existing outfit or providing a bit of inspiration to build a new look around a key piece of clothing.
Think layers, layers, layers for autumn trends. Put a statement piece like a chunky cardigan (from £25) with boyfriend fit jeans (£35) to create a more relaxed silhouette. Oversized jackets and coats will be essential for autumn and can take you through to winter - our M&S collection aviator style jacket (£69) features a new berry colour which is all the rage this autumn and the teddy coats (£59) are a must.
Q: What colours are in fashion for autumn / winter?
I am really enjoying the autumnal colours this year – from berry to blues and soft greys, and earthy, muted browns like ochre and terracotta – all very warm for the colder months ahead.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset
And we’re seeing a great selection of different textures from wool to leather, corduroy and silk, which is perfect when you want to mix and match different pieces for different styles.
Q: How can I look stylish every day?
Come and see us at M&S! Or why not use our fantastic click and collect service. I’d recommend using a statement piece or one or two of the key ‘hero’ pieces I mentioned earlier and building around that. You could try a great pair of high-waisted jeans (from £25) with an oversized coat, or our ruffled polka dot dress (£29.50) with some chunky ankle boots (from £35). Our range of footwear this season is incredible, what better way to put the finishing touches to an outfit than stylish Chelsea boots (£49.50) – ankle boots have come back in a big way this year.
Q: What can I wear working from home?
Whatever feels comfortable. Don’t underestimate the way good quality clothes can lift the spirits – I think we all need a bit of that at the moment. Our range of women’s knitwear and denim has something for everyone, to keep you looking stylish while relaxing at home or working. The M&S Instagram account is perfect for inspiration @marksandspencer – it will take you to the online store with the featured clothing ready to browse.
Amy’s top 5 ‘new in’ pieces in store now at Marks & Spencer:
- Animal Print High Neck Long Sleeve Top, £19.50 - contemporary with a slight high neck for extra warmth.
- Striped Funnel Neck Relaxed Jumper, £29.50 - rolls comfort and style into one; super cosy and chunky knitwear.
- Floral Midi Skater Dress, £39.50 - seasonal and stylish fit and flare silhouette.
- Wide Fit Leather Chelsea Ankle Boots, £45 in chocolate or black, also available in standard fit.
- Herringbone Belted Longline Coat, £99 - the classic finish to your cold weather look.
Find out what’s in store for you at M&S at www.marksandspencer.com or browse the new collection at Marks & Spencer Eclipse Park, Maidstone.