5 top tips for weight loss
Diamond Gym in Worthing bring you their 5 top tips for weight loss
1 - Be patient
Just as Rome wasn’t built in a day, sculpting the body of your dreams also takes time. But you don’t need to make extreme, drastic changes to get the results you want. Sometimes minor, simple tweaks to your diet and fitness regime can make a huge impact on your overall physique.
2 - Swap some cardio for weight training
According to researchers at the University of Southern Maine, 30 minutes of weight training burns as many calories as 30 minutes of running at a blazing six-minutes-per-mile pace. Try our Shape & Tone class to burn the calories FAST!
3 - Snack, but smartly
Grazing between meals used to be on the weight-loss hit list. But nutritionists now know that it’s better to satisfy a craving with healthy grub than ignore it and risk a junk-food binge later. The best picks are filling, protein-packed snacks, such as one stick of string cheese, a tablespoon of peanut butter on a piece of fruit.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 10 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
4 - Work out three times a week
Just 30 minutes in the gym 3 times a week will help build and maintain muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism will be, so you’ll torch more calories as you go about your day. Why not come and try our 30 minute gym circuit!
5 - Invest in a personal trainer
We all need a little help with exercise sometimes, whether we’re just starting out or we’ve been at it for a long time. There are a number of reasons people work with personal trainers. Some want a personalised program so they can lose weight or get in shape, others simply need to be held accountable for their workouts. Wherever you are in your exercise journey, a personal trainer may be just what you need to take it to the next level. Get in touch with Diamond for your FREE 30 minute PT session!
If you would like a free week trial with Diamond Fitness Women’s only gym please call 01903 208019 visit www.diamondgym.co.uk