5 top tips on waxing from Caterham beauty expert Darcey Garland
- Credit: NA
Darcey Garland is Surrey’s go-to girl for intimate waxing: when she worked in Buenos Aires, her treatment room was listed in the New York Times as one of the top ten places to visit! Darcey’s ‘secret weapons’ are her experience and her special blend of vegetable wax and essential oils and vitamins that calm the skin so that sensitive areas can be waxed with less pain. New to waxing? To get the best out of your appointment, follow Darcy’s tips…
1. Start gradually and find what you’re comfortable with – your first wax is not the time to try a Hollywood!
2. Exfoliate gently before and after your treatment with a loofah or exfoliation mitt to help prevent ingrowing hairs.
3. Hair should be at least 2mm long. If it’s natural length then the therapist will trim it to the optimum length prior to removal.
4. Don’t be self-conscious: an experienced therapist will know exactly what to do and the less anxious you are, the less you’ll worry about pain!
5. Don’t expose waxed areas to the sun for 24 hours after treatment.
• Find out more about Darcey Garland online at darceygarland.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins