A healthier body in 5 steps
- Credit: submitted
Hemel Hempstead’s One Stop Doctors outlines 5 simple ways to get healthier in 2017
Trust your instincts
Most of us have a niggling feeling when something is wrong. It may be drinking too much, being overweight or concern about a persistent headache. The truth is that we know our own bodies, and usually know instinctively if something is not quite right. If it’s a worry, then act on it and get it checked out.
Breast cancer is the UK’s most common cancer. Women should check themselves once a month. The earlier it’s detected, the better the chances of beating it.
Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men aged 25-49, but is highly treatable and often curable if found early enough. It’s important for men to check themselves regularly for signs of unusual or painful lumps and swelling.
Drink more water
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 7 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 8 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 9 The 11 best Christmas markets in Somerset 2021
- 10 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
Drink water as soon as you wake up, as you will be dehydrated from the night. Water promotes weight loss, produces more energy, flushes out toxins and is anti-ageing. It boosts the immune system, helps to prevent headaches and is good for joints. And it’s free.
Manage stress levels
Take a bit of time out every day to focus on relaxing your mind and body with some simple breathing exercises. Thinking positively and exercising will also immediately reduce your levels of stress.
Increasing the amount we exercise is one of the most effective ways to improve general wellbeing. As well as helping to shift excess weight, strengthening our bodies and being good for the heart, it’s also brilliant for lifting mood and reducing stress. Take up a sport you enjoy, join a gym or simply go for a brisk walk every day.
One Stop Doctors clinic offers full health assessments. Go to onestopdoctors.co.uk