At the Races
Libelula, a favourite label of Kate Middleton's, is available at Sassy & Boo, based in Tetbury and Bath. Alison Townsend, the owner of the boutique, has 10 top tips for race day chic.
Libelula, a favourite label of Kate Middleton’s, is available at Sassy & Boo, based in Tetbury and Bath. Alison Townsend, the owner of the boutique, has 10 top tips for race day chic.
Race day dressing dos:
1 Do look for structured dresses or separates that suit your shape, simple but well-cut pieces.2 Women are required to cover their crowns with a hat or fascinator; choose the outfit first and then select your accessories.3 Stilettos can be tricky on grass, so select a heel that is a little more forgiving.4 Your outfit and your hat should do the talking, so accessorise modestly with gloves, a handbag and simple vintage jewellery.5 Our climate is never predictable so add a tailored jacket or pashmina to your ensemble and a stylish umbrella too!
Race day dressing no-nos:
1 No strapless, halter-neck, off-the-shoulder or spaghetti-strap styles – make sure your shoulders are suitably covered.2 No mini skirt lengths: at Ascot the rule is that skirts should be no more than 2 inches above the knee.3 No trousers, unless worn as a trouser suit.4 No bare midriffs or bare legs. 5 Avoid billowy chiffons – a gust of wind could cause a major wardrobe malfunction!
A Suit That Fits, Bristol0203 006 7999, www.asuitthatfits.com
Coco Blue Boutique, Taunton01823 338399, www.cocoblueboutique.co.uk
Lisa Burrows Hat Maker, Taunton07976 938197, www.lisaburrows.com
LK Bennett, Bath, Bristol and Cribbs Causeway0844 581 5881, www.lkbennett.com
Sassy & Boo, Bath and TetburyBath, 01225 447938 Tetbury, 01666 504731www.sassyandboo.com
Tie Rack, Bath and Cribbs Causeway, Bristol0845 074 4055, www.tie-rack.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 9 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins