Boogie the night away to raise funds for breast clinic at East Surrey Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A group of friends is inviting ladies to boogie the night away to raise funds for a one-stop breast clinic at East Surrey Hospital.
The idea for the Ladies Disco Night came about after one of them suffered an agonising wait for her results from a breast cancer scare last year.
Jane Tibble, a nurse who lives in Redhill, endured weeks of anxiety following the discovery of a lump in her breast. “I’m doing this so that other local women don’t have to go through what I went through” explained Jane.
“I was lucky to be given the “all clear” but it took three weeks to find out and five appointments at the hospital. It was all incredibly stressful and it would have been so much better to have found out straight away.”
The new one-stop breast clinic will enable women living in the East Surrey Hospital area to have all the investigations and results in one day, leading to immediate reassurance, or a diagnosis that can be dealt with quickly.
Miss Waheed, Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon, who runs the breast clinic at East Surrey Hospital said: “The local community deserve to have an efficient service where women can get results on the day of their appointment and we will be able to offer this with your support.”
The friends are aiming to raise £2,000 towards the new unit, which is expected to cost approximately £80,000.
The Ladies Disco Night will be held on Friday 3 July at Wray Common Primary School in Reigate. Tickets are £10, which includes a glass of bubbly and raffle ticket, and are available from the school reception. They can also be purchased online through Eventbrite www.eventbrite/e/ladies-disco-night-tickets or by calling Tania on 07789 403424.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset
Jane has also set up a JustGiving Page and has already raised £200 through donations.