Celebrity hairdresser to open in Ripley
- Credit: Archant
Hairdresser to the stars, Jamie Stevens will open his salon on the High Street in April
We may well see more famous faces in Ripley soon, as celebrity hairdresser Jamie Stevens has chosen to open a new salon in the picturesque village.
The award-winning hairdresser, who was the official X Factor backstage hairstylist for five years, has worked with celebrities including Kylie Minogue, Elle Macpherson, Caroline Flack, Christian Slater, Leonardo Di Caprio, Colin Farrell and Hugh Grant.
The new salon will open on Ripley’s High Street in the retail unit currently home to Seven Beauty, which will move upstairs.
Jamie, who also has a salon in Kensington, says, “I’m looking forward to working alongside Seven Beauty; it’ll be fantastic for both businesses to offer each other’s clients additional services under the same roof. I have family connections to Surrey as well so I’m excited to be opening up in the area.”
As well as working on a number of TV shows, such as This Morning, Gok’s Fashion Fix and How to Look Good Naked, Jamie has a host of awards to his name including the top accolade of Hairdresser of the Year at the British Hairdressing Awards.
The Ripley salon, which will open at the end of April, will be managed by fellow styling superstar Megan Stevens and will offer a full range of cutting, colouring, keratin treatments, extensions, afro hair and styling services with bespoke treatments for both men and women.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
They will be offering appointments at 50 per cent off until Thursday June 1 and for the first week of opening, from Tuesday April 25 to Friday April 28, Jamie will be donating all takings to MacMillan Cancer Support.
• Jamie Stevens Hair & Seven Beauty, High Street, Ripley, Surrey GU23 6AZ. Tel: 01483 212707. Web: jamiestevenshair.com