Christmas chic: festive partywear
- Credit: Archant
Your festive fashion guide from St Albans Fashion Week director Ellena Ophira
With your letterbox and inbox filling up with prospective party invitations, it’s time to put together a few festive looks that will keep you elegant and stylish all season long.
As Father Christmas doesn’t deliver before December 25, you’ll have to treat yourself in the meantime, and shop savvy to ensure that you purchase pieces that can complement your current wardrobe while giving you the requisite sparkle to dazzle this merry party season. I recommend buying one new outfit that makes you feel extra special and one or two pieces that can be added to your wardrobe to add that festive twist.
1. Add something new This velvet number from Monsoon is the perfect party dress for Christmas. The burgundy colour is rich and seasonal and the sheer sleeves add a little decadence. Perfect!
2. Add some sparkle These gorgeous shoes can take any outfit from day to night in a jiffy. Tuck them into your bag and they’re perfect for the office party. And they’re not too high, so you will be able to dance the night away in comfort.
3. Add a classic piece This velvet jacket from Next is luxe and effortlessly chic. The texture adds instant glamour and can add a smart and trendy look to any ensemble. Fabulous with jeans, leather or capri trousers.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 8 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life