Cult suits for the business punks of the City
- Credit: TW
The Guildford-based proprietor of cult suiting brand Suit the City has come up with an ingenious way to help his clients fit in and stand out at the same time.
Tony Carr, who supplies suits for clients in London’s Savile Row among other places, has added an interesting twist to his made-to-measure suits – with the option of dramatic new linings.
He was inspired to combine his high-quality fabrics with the off-the-wall designs to help one of his clients look the part while still expressing their personality. “Nothing makes you feel more confident in the business world than a made-to-measure suit, but you usually have to follow a dress code of classic styling in sober shades,” says Tony.
“However, if you are like one of my clients – a hedge fund manager with an irrepressible fun side – a dramatically lined suit is the best way to conform on the outside and rebel on the inside. He has ordered a classic dark navy suit, but with the addition of a psychedelic Union Jack lining, which looks fantastic!”
The special linings, created by the suit brand BusinessPunks, are based on unique art designed by artists from all over the world.
Tony adds: “Along with the flags, the range includes wild animals, street art, movie stars and rock gods, but my favourite is a collage of The Beatles.”
As well as supplying leading stores, Suit the City provides an exclusive made-to-measure service to clients in their own homes, with prices for a BusinessPunks lined suit starting from £625.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 9 Devon pubs and bars with great beer gardens
- 9 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 10 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
• For more on the bespoke suits of Suit the City, e-mail Tony Carr at email@example.com or visit the website at suitthecity.com