A+ Education magazine – Surrey, Sussex and Kent
A+ Education magazine, South East is published twice a year by Archant Life, in association with Surrey Life, Sussex Life and Kent Life
In association with:
A+ Editor’s Letter - Autumn 2015
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 8 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
One thing we can all agree on – keeping up with the onslaught of reforms in the classroom is an exhausting business.
For teachers and students it is a constant barrage of change and re-adjustment. Is it any wonder parents struggle to keep up with the latest reforms.
In this issue we tackle some of those changes so that you are more well-informed. Our main feature looks at computational thinking – coding in other words – from primary school upwards and how it is being taught in the classroom.
We also turn to the experts to explain the latest changes to GCSEs and A-levels which come into force this month and what it means to students.
Illusionist Derren Brown admits school was a challenge for him but it was there that he first discovered his passion for performing.
Sixth formers give their opinion on what they would like to say to the Prime Minister and many of them talk about what we are discussing – the constant changes to the curriculum and the need for continuity and change for change’s sake.
As always this magazine celebrates the success of our young people, from the playing field to the classroom to the stage.
We hope you enjoy this issue and revel in the success of our young people and their teachers and be as inspired as we are about their amazing achievements.
Editor, A+ Education
THE A+ ARCHIVE