- Credit: Archant
Abbotsholme School is a leading independent coeducational boarding and days school for ages 2 -18 on the borders of Staffordshire and Derbyshire.
Abbotsholme School is a leading independent coeducational boarding and days school for ages 2 -18 on the borders of Staffordshire and Derbyshire. It is a school unlike any other; a wonderful place in which to learn and develop, where each child’s contribution is properly valued and encouraged throughout. Pupils are high achievers and leave Abbotsholme confident, independent and adaptable.
The ISI inspectors recently commented that Abbotsholme is ‘...outstanding, emotionally healthy and spiritually colourful.’ We know that all of our children are individuals and consequently they are cared for as such.
Every moment matters at Abbotsholme. We provide a stimulating and balanced learning environment in deliberately small classes of around 15, where individual academic excellence and achievement are in evidence every day.
With 170 acres of copses, fields, dingles and games pitches, and science, art and languages taught by specialist teachers from the Senior School, our Nursery and Prep school pupils enjoy unique access to all the facilities that the senior pupils use.
Our Senior School develops pupils’ learning with a deliberately wide curriculum including all the usual academic subjects as well as life skills lesson and a variety of outdoor education activities. At GCSE level, pupils are examined in the core subjects and most take nine, some take eleven, others less. It all depends on the individual.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 6 18 of the best lockdown takeaways across Yorkshire
- 7 Everything you need to know about Yorkshire’s Masterchef: The Professionals contestant
- 8 Celebrity TV doctor Amir Khan on how to beat the Covid blues
- 9 Why the Yorkshire flat cap has returned back into fashion
- 10 5 great Boxing Day walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
Sixth Form pupils have a dedicated sixth form centre to encourage independent learning in a wide range of subjects at A Level, as well as a log cabin village for our boarders.
We have outstanding facilities including an indoor climbing centre, BHS approved equestrian centre, and working farm. There are opportunities for den building and kayaking for the Prep School, and Duke of Edinburgh, overseas trips and electric car racing in the Senior School!
If Abbotsholme is the school you have been looking for, contact Michele Archer in the Admissions Office for more information on 01889 594 265 or email Michele.email@example.com. You can also find out more information by visiting our website www.abbotsholme.co.uk