Anna King at Notre Dame School in Cobham - meet the head
- Credit: Notre Dame
As the head teacher of the seniors at Notre Dame School in Cobham, Anna King doesn’t have a lot of spare time in her busy day – but when she does get a moment to herself she enjoys the intellectual rigours of The Times’ cryptic crossword…
If you hadn’t become a teacher, what do you think you might have done instead?
I would love to have been a weather presenter; weather is so amazing, always changing and dynamic and the science behind what we see on the ground is fascinating.
What were your favourite lessons when you were at school?
I like understanding why things are like they are, either in different places or at different times, so I liked history and geography, which both gave me tools to understand landscapes, people, societies, economies and spaces. I enjoy logic puzzles as well so I liked science, maths and Latin too.
Was there any type of school dinner that you couldn’t stand?
Happy to eat pretty much anything!
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 7 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
How do you like to relax?
Either with a good book or a great television programme, in the warm, sitting on a comfy sofa. I am also teaching myself how to do The Times’ cryptic crossword – I relish the intellectual challenge!
Which is your favourite film?
Pride and Prejudice – Austen’s plot has so much to tell us about how we should respect others.
So, your Desert Island Disc…?
Songs from musicals are great; they tell a story and usually have a good tune. Defying Gravity from Wicked has an amazing vocal part, and it is all about independence and making a stand for what is right.
If you were Prime Minister for one day, what’s the first thing you’d do?
Explore 10 Downing Street and meet the PM’s cat!
Notre Dame, Burwood House, Convent Lane, Cobham KT11 1HA. An independent Catholic day school for girls aged from two to 18 years and boys from two to five years. Tel: 01932 869990. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: notredame.co.uk