Baking champions at Brockenhurst College
- Credit: Archant
Brockenhurst College recently hosted one of the UK’s largest live culinary competitions, Wessex Salon Culinaire, held in association with the Craft Guild of Chefs.
Brock students triumphed in the competition, achieving seven gold medals, 17 silver medals, 11 bronze medals and two certificates of merit.
The competition has grown in stature over the years and is a fantastic platform for all the chefs taking part in the various categories.
John MacArthur, Head of Hospitality Studies at the College said, “Wessex Salon Culinaire is fantastic opportunity for our own Brock students to compete and demonstrate their skills in one of the largest, live culinary competitions in the UK and we’re all very proud of their success in the competition.”
Celebrities and other famous figures who went to school in HampshireSolent Students’ Union first in UK to hold Duke of Edingburgh award licencePortsmouth High School’s Head Girl team raise over £5000 for Teenage Cancer Trust
- 1 5 of the best cycle cafés in Lancashire
- 2 A haunting Cotswolds memoir of growing up in a ménage à trois in the 1950s
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 How the Goosnargh Gin distillery bounced back from adversity
- 5 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 7 scenic coastal walks to try in Somerset (with cafes on the way)
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 The best places to visit on a short break in Glossop
- 10 See inside this £1.5 million modern property in the Oxfordshire Cotswolds