Bede’s announced new Headmaster
- Credit: Archant
Bede’s has secured the appointment of Mr Peter Goodyer to succeed Dr Richard Maloney in September 2016 as Senior Headmaster and CEO of the St Bede’s School Trust.
Mr Goodyer grew up in South Africa, the son of a vicar who counted Archbishop Desmond Tutu as a family friend. He has taught in England now for eighteen years, most recently as the Deputy Headmaster and Interim Head at Colston’s School Bristol, where he has been since 2010.
Mr Goodyer commented: “Bede’s is exactly the kind of dynamic, progressive school which I have always aspired to lead, and when I met students and staff I knew we could continue to develop its individual approach and great qualities together.
“It is clear to me that the Bede’s community is warm, welcoming and creative, and its academic achievements in recent years have been remarkable. It is an honour to be selected to lead the school to ever more success.”
Mr Goodyer is passionate about sport and has considerable educational expertise, having been a Head of Department and Boarding Housemaster at St. John’s School, Leatherhead. He is currently a boarding inspector for the Independent Schools Inspectorate and recently completed an MBA in Educational Leadership. Mr Goodyer is married to Laura, also a teacher, and they have a four year old son, Sebastian.
Bede’s Chairman of Governors, Major-General Anthony Meier, said: “As Dr Maloney prepares to embark on his final term at Bede’s before moving to Uppingham, one of the country’s most prestigious boarding schools, I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his outstanding seven years of service and he leaves with our warmest wishes. We know that Bede’s will continue to be in excellent hands.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire