Cheltenham College celebrate ‘Excellence’ rating
- Credit: Archant
Cheltenham College and Cheltenham College Preparatory School are celebrating the findings of their recent Independent Schools Inspection, which awarded both schools the top ‘Excellent’ rating in every single category.
The report on the full inspection, which recently took place at the co-educational independent boarding and day school for girls and boys aged 3-18 years, was full of praise for the excellent quality of pupils’ high academic achievements and learning, while the curriculum and extra-curricular programme were praised for having both balance and real breadth throughout the whole school.
Headmaster of Cheltenham College, Dr Alex Peterken said: “We are naturally delighted with the outcome of this rigorous inspection process, with inspectors fully appreciating the excellent all-round education that our pupils receive.”
Pupils’ personal development was among the many strengths of both College and Prep, with ‘boarding experience classed as outstanding,’ particularly through the high quality pastoral care and welfare system in place and also the support and guidance pupils receive through the house system.
Dr Peterken added: “As detailed in the report: ‘The quality of relationships between staff and pupils is excellent, as are the relations amongst pupils, with older pupils acting as mentors for the younger ones.’ The inspectors not only recognised these strong relationships, but also the school’s strong relationship with parents and their overwhelming support.”
Founded in 1841 and celebrating its 175th anniversary this year, the College was praised for the strong moral sense pupils developed. As the report describes, ‘pupils understand the difference between right and wrong, and benefit greatly from the strong set of core values which the school presents as a practical code to enhance life within and beyond its community.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West