Cheltenham College celebrates record A Level results
- Credit: Archant
Pupils and staff at Cheltenham College are today celebrating their best ever A Level results
• The top 100 pupils scored 95% A* to B
• Over 81% achieved A* - B grades
• 55% of pupils gained A* - A
Of the 140 Upper sixth cohort at Cheltenham College, 1 in 3 pupils gained at least 1 A* grade, and 90% of pupils (126) achieved an A/A* grade.
The pursuit and support of academic excellence at Cheltenham College is mirrored with 5 pupils each attaining 4 A* grades, and both sexes were winners with 3 boys and 3 girls achieving straight A* grades. All Oxbridge candidates were successful in meeting their offers, and 6 College pupils will go on to continue their studies at Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
Cheltenham College Headmaster Dr. Alex Peterken says: “We are extremely proud of the well-deserved record A Level results. They justly reflect our pupils’ hard work and efforts, of course supported by our outstanding academic staff. Subject tutors and sixth form mentors have provided our students with excellent teaching and the academic development required in the bridge from GCSE to A Level; and this has been complimented by fantastic pastoral guidance and support. This enables our sixth formers to not only gain excellent A Level results, but to leave us as confident and mature young adults, ready for the next exciting chapter at university and life beyond College.”
Cheltenham College is a co-educational day and boarding school, set in stunning historic grounds in the heart of Regency Cheltenham. Alongside its Prep School housed on the same campus, it provides an excellent academic framework with outstanding co-curricular opportunities for boys and girls aged 3-18. Cheltenham College Senior School accepts entry at ages 13, 14 and Sixth Form. Scholarships and bursaries are available.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 9 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
Our excelling sixth form provision offers A Level students the opportunity to also pursue the EPQ (Extended Project Qualification), the mini MBA, and a host of leadership, business and community volunteering opportunities to further support UCAS applications.