Eight free places on offer at Exeter School
- Credit: Archant
Exeter School is delighted to offer eight free places to children from the local community for the third year running
There are three bursaries - called Foundation Bursaries and funded from alumni legacies and gifts - on offer for entry into Year 7.
Three full bursaries are on offer for the Sixth Form funded from the St John's Hospital Educational Foundation grant. Two further free places to study the Sciences in the Sixth Form, 'The George Williams Bursaries', have also been made possible by a generous bequest and continuing donations from the estate of a prominent deceased Old Exonian.
Families interested in making the most of this opportunity are encouraged to visit the school at the Autumn Open Evening on Wednesday 25 September, 5.30-8pm, at 'Into the Sixth Form' Open Evening on Wednesday 23 January, 5.30-8pm, or book an appointment to meet the headmaster.
Places are on offer to pupils who pass the entrance examinations, which are held in January 2020, and whose parents could not afford to send their child to Exeter School without financial assistance. Exeter School has always provided a significant number of means-tested bursaries at the School for those in need of support, and these will continue to be provided and at the same level as before.
Headmaster Bob Griffin said: "Now that some of our first Free Place holders have passed through the school and onto university, it is clear that both the school and those children benefit greatly from the opportunity that they have to study here.
"They bring their talent and enthusiasm to our life and we offer them academic and extra-curricular experiences to enjoy, and on which to thrive. We look forward to welcoming many other children to our school under this scheme in the coming years."
Further information about bursaries can be found on the school website.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 7 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
The deadline for September 2020 entry registration is 2 December and the deadline for bursary applications is 6 January 2020.