Last call for Lancashire junior school choirs to enter Last Choir Singing 2017
- Credit: Archant
Last Choir Singing, the competition for Lancashire junior school choirs will be closing entries on Friday 11 November 2016.
The competition is open to Lancashire junior school children, Year 3 – Year 6. The winning choir will receive £1,000 in vouchers towards music equipment for their school. Runners-up will receive £500 and £250 accordingly and winners of the regional heats will receive £250. In addition, prizes will also be given for the choirs who show artistic e_xpression and new for 2017 is a ‘Best Newcomer’ award and prize.
Each choir will compete in regional heats throughout March 2017, with the overall winners of the coveted title ‘Last Choir Singing 2017’ being announced at the Grand Final at King George’s Hall in Blackburn on Friday 16 June.
At the regional heats, competing choirs will perform in front of a live audience and expert judges, with the best performances taking the choirs through to the Final.
Full entry details can be found at: lastchoirsinging.co.uk
George Critchley, Chairman of True Bearing Chartered Financial Planners, said: “We urge any school toying with the idea of entering to give it a go. We have a ‘Newcomer’ award for 2017 and all new schools will be eligible. Schools gain so much more than just a title and trophy; they learn new performance techniques, develop their musical skills and gain the experience of singing to a large audience. The competition encourages team work and builds a child’s confidence.
“I encourage all Lancashire junior schools to take part.”
Entry is free! Entry Deadline is 11 November 2016.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
For further information, please call Liz Armstrong on 01257 260011 or Anita Shaw on 07807 597570.