Learning at Cranleigh School
- Credit: Archant
Cranleigh School is a leading, independent, co-educational boarding and day school set in a stunning rural location on the edge of the Surrey Hills.
We pride ourselves on the provision of academic excellence along with a wide range of music, art, drama and sport and extra-curricular activities that are all designed to help pupils to broaden their horizons and exceed their expectations. There is a continuity of education in sport and music running from age seven to 18 and strong links between our School and nearby Cranleigh Preparatory School.
Pupils also join from a wide range of other schools across London and the Home counties, creating a vibrant, house-based community of young people who are drawn together by their inherent love of life and getting involved in everything Cranleigh has to offer. Cranleigh demonstrates powerfully that academic success does not have to be achieved at the expense of excellence in co-curricular activity. Our scholarships and examination achievements are the best ever and we continue to achieve exceptional results in national sporting competitions; we were recently listed as the third top independent school on the country for sports, for the breadth of our national titles.
But at Cranleigh we also work hard to recognise and reward the achievements of all the pupils who put their heart into every match, performance and examination, at every level of achievement. House life is geared towards supporting that recognition, and to providing additional opportunities for pupils with every level of ability to take part in plays, shows and events.
Cranleigh School, Horseshoe Lane, Cranleigh, Surrey , GU6 8QQ.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 3 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 4 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 7 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire