Like Characters out of a Book : Chilton Cantelo School celebrate 'World Book Day' in style!
Pupils at Chilton Cantelo School celebrated 'World Book Day' with great enthusiasm recently when thehe independent school took the opportunity to raise the profile of reading by asking pupils to come to school dressed as their favorite characters
Prep pupils at Chilton Cantelo School celebrated ‘World Book Day’ with great enthusiasm recently when the independent school took the opportunity to raise the profile of reading by asking pupils to come to school dressed as their favourite literary heroes.
Throughout the day the children were immersed in literacy-rich activities, with the day’s objective to provide inspiration for the children to read, write and enjoy books.
As Nicki Hancock said: ‘At Chilton Chantelo we believe in making learning enjoyable and fun, as often it encourages pupils to become interested in reading and develop a love of books. By dressing up as their favourite characters, our pupils were able to bring their favourite characters to life, and in doing so immerse themselves in their favourite stories to become a part of the action. I think the day helped to prove that books are great sources of fascination and fun – for any age.’
Certainly, the day was a great success – with many varying characters showing up from Harry Potter to Captain Hook, Peter Pevensie to Dorothy and Toto.
For more information on the day, or Chilton Cantelo, you can visit their website or attend one of their upcoming open days on Thursday 21st or Friday 22nd March.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper