- Credit: Archant
It’s never too early or too late to start a child’s interest in books. Chris Rushby, book buyer for Jarrold’s in Norwich, shares his pick for sparking imaginations this Christmas
Baby’s First Christmas
That’s not my penguin, by Fiona Watt and Rachel Wells
A gorgeous gift pack featuring the award-winning touchy-feely That’s not my penguin board book with its own soft penguin to cuddle.
Published by Usborne (RRP £14.99), Jarrold’s price £12.99
Preschool (one to three years)
Santa’s Sleigh is on its way to Norfolk, by Eric James and Robert Dunn
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 8 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- 9 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 10 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
A rhyming picture book telling the charming story of Santa’s much anticipated visit to Norfolk.
Published by Hometown World (RRP £7.99), Jarrold’s price £4.99
Key Stage One
(four to six years)
The Snowman and the Snowdog Pop-Up Picture Book, by Raymond Briggs
A beautiful pop-up gift edition of the enchanting Snowman and the Snowdog animated film, complete with twinkly lights.
Published by Puffin, £17.99
Key Stage Two (seven to 10 years)
An Eagle in the Snow, by Michael Morpurgo
The powerful new novel from master storyteller Michael Morpurgo is inspired by the true story of one man who might have stopped the Second World War.
Published by HarperCollins Children’s Books(RRP £12.99), Jarrold’s price £9.99
Key Stage Three
Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer, by Rick Riordan
What would you do if you discovered your dad is a Norse god and that your life is in great danger? This is Magnus Chase’s first dramatic, fast-paced adventure. Signed copies are available while stocks last.
Published by Puffin, £14.99
Key Stage Four
Guinness World Records 2016
The best-selling annual is bursting with thousands of new records, images, fact-packed infographics and mind-boggling trivia to fascinate and entertain.
Published by Guinness World Records, (RRP £20.00), Jarrold’s price £10