Local Boy Todd Kellett Comes Second in National Motocross Championships
Todd Kellett, a pupil at Chilton Cantelo School, finishes second in the country in the Big Wheel 85cc class Motocross Championship.
Todd Kellett, pupil from Chilton Cantelo School, finished second in the country in the Big Wheel 85cc class Motocross Championship last weekend.
Todd did the Twisted 7 ‘Team Green’ Kawasaki Motocross team proud by coming in Second Place for the Red Bull Elite Youth Cup Championship.
The final of the seven rounds took place during a 2-day event this past weekend in Culham, Oxfordshire. The first round of the competition, set for 13-16 year olds, took place in April this year.
This marks another step towards Todd fulfilling his dream of becoming a professional athlete.
Jeff Perrett, team manager, said: ‘Motocross is one of the most physically demanding sports in the world which unites families and gives youngsters like Todd a real purpose and focus. Todd has the talent, determination and focus to become a successful professional. He trains hard but he also studies hard, which is important. He is committed and grounded with a supportive family and school and that’s a key part of his success on the race track.”
Todd Kellett said: ‘I started riding Motocross when I was only two and half years old and I love every minute of it. Bring on next year!’
For more information, please visit chiltoncanteloschool.co.uk
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 3 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 10 of the prettiest Villages in Dorset to visit
- 9 8 great family walks in the North West
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire